Extension Assistant Professor:
Agronomist & Nutrient Management Specialist
- (802) 751-8307 ext. 356
- 374 Emerson Falls Road, Suite 1, St. Johnsbury, Vermont 05819-9083
Profile & Education
Daniel Hudson serves the Northeast Kingdom and Connecticut Waterwatershed as an agronomist and nutrient management specialist for University of Vermont Extension, and is available statewide and regionally as needed..
Daniel's work focuses on improving farm profitability and overall sustainability via efficient production of high quality crops.
- Ph.D, Michigan State University
- MS, Michigan State University
- BS, Cedarville University - Biology
Areas of Expertise
Food systems; Crop production; Genetically modified (GMO) crops; Pasture-based livestock systems; Organic farming; Farm policy; Soil quality; Manure management; Climate change
- Hudson, D.J., Leep, R.H., Dietz, T.S., Ragavendran, A., Kravchenko, A. 2010. Challenges Describing the Relative Abundance of Grassland Birds in Grazing Studies
- Hudson, D.J., Leep, R.H., Dietz, T.S., Ragavendran, A., Kravchenko, A. 2010. Integrated warm- and cool-season grass and legume pastures: I. seasonal forage dynamics. Agronomy Journal: 102:303-309.
- Bughrara, S., Leep, R., Min, D., Hudson, D., and T. Dietz. 2007. E-2987: Switchgrass as a biofuel for Michigan. Michigan State University Extension.
- Hudson, D.J., R.H. Leep, T.S. Dietz, J.D. DeYoung, D.L. Warnock, and D.H. Min. 2003. Weed control strategies for establishment of big bluestem and switchgrass (abstract and interpretive summary). Proceedings American Forage and Grasslands Conference. Lafayette, LA. pp. 44-46.
Honors & Awards
- 2010 Governor's Award for Environmental Excellence
- American Society of Agronomy (ASA)
Teaching, Research & Extension Programming Activities
Forage production; Grazing systems; Field crop production; Cover cropping: Organic farming; Water quality; Soil fertility management
Last modified January 28 2015 09:09 AM