Profile & Education
Lisa Chase is the natural resources specialist at University of Vermont Extension, where she focuses on the intersection between environmental management, food systems, and community development. As the director of the Vermont Tourism Research Center, Lisa emphasizes tourism and recreation in her programming. Current programs include agricultural and culinary tourism, recreation on public and private woodlands, and sustainable food systems.
- Ph.D, Cornell University
- MS, Cornell University
- BA, University of Michigan
Areas of Expertise
Community development; Tourism and recreation; Food systems; Environmental conflict management
- Chase, L.C. and V. Grubinger. 2014. Food, Farms, and Community: Exploring Food Systems. University of New Hampshire Press, Durham, New Hampshire.
- Chase, L.C. and L. Ogryzlo. 2014. Economic impact of food and drink tourism. Pages 53-62 in Erik Wolf, Jenn Bussell, Caralyn Campbell, Wendy Lange-Faria, Kathy AcAree (eds.), Have Fork will Travel: A Practical Handbook for Food and Drink Tourism Professionals. World Food Travel Association, Portland. Oregon.
- Anderson, L, L.C. Chase, D. Kestenbaum, C. Mastrangelo. 2013. Eco-labels for passenger transportation: Understanding motorcoach company receptiveness to a pilot green certification program. International Journal of Sustainable Transportation, 7:125-142.
- Anderson, L., C. Mastrangelo, L.C. Chase, D. Kestenbaum, J. Kolindinsky. 2013. Eco-labeling motorcoach operators in the North American travel tour industry: analyzing the role of tour operators. Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 21(5):750-764.
- Chase, L.C., B. Amsden, and D. Kuehn. 2013. Measuring quality of life: A case study of agritourism in the Northeast. Journal of Extension 51(1):1FEA3.
- Daigle, J.J., L. Utley, L.C. Chase, W. Kuentzel, and T.L. Brown. 2012. Does new large private landownership and their management priorities influence public access in the Northern Forest? Journal of Forestry 110(2):89-96.
- Pollock, N., L.C. Chase, C. Ginger, and J. Kolodinsky. 2012. The Northern Forest Canoe Trail: Economic impacts and implications for community development. Community Development: Journal of the Community Development Society, 43(2):244-258.
- Chase, L.C., R. Boumans, and S. Morse. 2010. Participatory modeling as a tool for community development planning: Tourism in the northern forest. Community Development: Journal of the Community Development Society, 41(3):385-397.
- Chase, L.C. and D. Kuehn. 2010. Measuring outcomes of Extension conferences: A case study of the National Extension Tourism Conference. Journal of Extension 48(3):3FEA6.
- Chase, L.C. 2008. Agritourism. Pages 70-74 in Gary A. Goreham (ed.), Encyclopedia of Rural America: The Land and People, 2nd edition Grey House Publishing, Millerton, NY.
- Chase, L.C., K. Norris, and C. Ginger. 2008. Does science matter? Resource planning in the Green Mountain National Forest. Society and Natural Resources 21(4):345-353.
- Chase, L.C. 2006. Targeted marketing: Lessons from an agri-tourism enterprise. Journal of Extension 44(2):2RIB2.
- American Association for University Women
- Association of Natural Resource Extension Professionals
- International Association for Society and Natural Resources
- National Association of Community Development Extension Professionals
- National Extension Tourism Design Team
- Vermont Tourism Summit
- Risk Management for Agritourism and Culinary Tourism
- Vermont Trail Collaborative Stakeholder Meetings
- Website Tools for Farms
- Recreation on Private Lands
- National Extension Tourism Conference
Last modified August 21 2015 04:09 PM