Profile & Education
Mark Cannella has been working in the field of agriculture in VT for over 10 years. He has managed farm operations in vegetable production, maple sugaring and agricultural education. His current focus is the management and delivery of farm business planning programs, business management trainings and farm economic research. Mark contributes to programs that serve a diverse audience of farm producers raising different products at different scales.
- MS, University of Vermont - Community Development & Applied Economics
- BS, St. Lawrence University - Biology & Environmental Studies
Area(s) of Expertise
Farm Financial Analysis, Farm Business Planning, Project/Program Management, Applied Food Systems Research
- (2009) Intervale Center. "Expanding Local Food Production, Storage, and Marketing Capacity in Vermont: Results from the 2007 Farm Producer Survey"
- Masters Thesis: "The Impact of Market Uncertainty on the Financial Performance of Northeastern Dairy Farms"
- Jane Kolodinsky, Travis William Reynolds, Mark Cannella, David Timmons, Daniel Bromberg (2009) U.S. Consumer Demand for Restaurant Calorie Information: Targeting Demographic and Behavioral Segments in Labeling Initiatives. American Journal of Health Promotion: Vol. 24, No. 1, pp. 11-14.
- Introduction to Farm Financial Planning
- Intermediate Farm Financial Planning
- Farm Business Planning Curriculum: Building a Sustainable Business
Last modified January 10 2014 09:06 AM