View this page for upcoming Events as well as conference proceedings of past events.
New and Recent Events
2015 Summer Events
2015 Summer Soil Health Field Day. View our flyer and register online today!
This is a Free event with lunch sponsored by Champlain Valley Equipment.
When: Friday, August 21, 2015 Where: Gervais Family Farm #2, 753 Davis Road, Enosburg Falls, VT 05450
Join UVM Extension Northwest Crops and Soils Program (NWCS), Friends of Northern Lake Champlain (FNLC), and USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) to learn more about soil health, cover cropping, no-till, and manure management. There will be equipment and field demonstrations, as well as a soil health presentation by Joel Myers.
Together, NWCS and NOFA-VT invite you to participate in our 2015 Summer Organic Dairy Series – Strategies for Success events. Locations are throughout Vermont and all events are 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. The cost is $20 per person (per event) and includes lunch. Register online through NOFA-VT at www.nofavt.org/ows.
11th Annual Grain Growers Conference, March 18, 2015, The Essex Resort, Essex, VT.
Vermont Organic Dairy Producers Conference, March 11, 2015, Vermont Technical College, Randolph Center, VT.
Winter Meeting at Champlain Valley Equipment, March 4, 2015, St. Albans, VT. Hosted by NWCS and Friends of Northern Lake Champlain (FNLC).
6th Annual Hops Conference, February 20, 2015, Sheraton Hotel and Conference Center, Burlington, VT.
- As mentioned at the 2015 Hop Conference by Steve Polewacyk from Vermont Pub and Brewery, you can access the Hop Evaluation Excel sheet here.
- Proceedings from the 6th Annual Vermont Hop Conference are now available online. The online proceedings include video recordings and PDFs of all conference presentations. They can be accessed for a one-time fee of $35 at eXtension’s Online campus at:http://campus.extension.org. If you have not yet been to this site, you will need to create an account. To do so, on the left bar under “Login,” click on “Create new account.” You will need to complete some basic information and confirm your account via email. Once you have created an account, you may enroll in the proceedings by going to http://campus.extension.org/course/view.php?id=1131. You will enter your payment into eXtension’s PayPal system.
2015 No-Till and Cover Crop Symposium, February 19, 2015, Sheraton Hotel and Conference Center, Burlington, VT.
Northwest Crop, Soil and Dairy Meeting: Tile Drainage, January 20, 2015, American Legion, St. Albans, VT.
- The Benefits of Tile Drainage, Steve Mahoney, River Bend Farm Agriculture and Environmental Services.
- Nuts and Bolts of Tile Drainage Systems and Basics to Tile Maintenance, Larry Brown, Ohio State University.
- Drainage Water Management for the Midwest Fact Sheet.
- Tile Drainage Research at the Miner Institute, Eric Young, Miner Institute.
- Tile Drainage Research in Wisconsin, Matt Ruark, University of Wisconsin.
- Tile Drainage in Wisconsin Fact Sheet.
- Designing and Constructing Bioreactors to Reduce Nitrate Loss from Subsurface Drains Fact Sheet.
- Woodchip BioReactor for Nitrate in Agricultural Drainage Fact Sheet.
- USDA Conservation Fact Sheet: Highly Erodible Land Conservation and Wetland Conservation Compliance
- USDA Wetland Conservation Provisions
- USDA Annual and Perennial Crop List for the Purpose Conservation Compliance.
- USDA FAQ: Conservation Compliance
To see our past events, please click here to view Archived Conferences and Events.