To participate in a Blackboard Collaborate session you'll need a computer with an internet connection. A wired internet connection is preferred, but not required unless you are presenting.
- To listen to a session you can use computer speakers, or headphones
- If you wish to speak (and this is enabled for the session) you'll need a microphone. We strongly recommend using a headset that has a noise cancelling microphone. Use of built-in computer mics and speakers often results in feedback and/or echoing.
Some of our sessions offer a teleconference number that you can dial in to for Audio. Please check with the organizer to see if this will be available.
Before connecting for the first time, follow these steps to make sure that Blackboard Collaborate will work on your machine, (we recommend that this is done at least 24hrs prior to the session you are attending):
- Go to the Blackboard Collaborate First Time Users page.
- Follow the directions under STEP 1.
- Enter the 'v12.6 Configuration Room (US-SAS)' under STEP 2, and follow the steps shown on the whiteboard to configure your audio and set your connection speed.
Can't open the .collab file? Read steps on installing the Blackboard Collaborate Launcher.
Joining a Session
Click on the session link provided to you. We recommend that you sign in 10-15 minutes early to give yourself time to resolve any audio/equipment problems before the session begins.
- Sign in with your first and last name
- Select the correct internet connection speed
- Run the Audio Setup Wizard to make sure that your speakers and/or microphone are set up correctly for the session
- Use the chat panel to ask questions during and after the session
Q) Can I use my mobile phone or tablet?
A) No. Unfortunately, our Blackboard Collaborate license does not support mobile devices. If you were planning on attending a session using a mobile device, please let us know so we can keep track of demand.
Last modified January 06 2015 09:51 AM