Vermont Farm Health Task Force
UVM Extension participates in the Vermont Farm Health Task Force, a membership organization of: farmers and agricultural professionals; medical practitioners, public health specialists and mental health clinicians; and staff from key state and community agencies serving the farming community.
The Task Force:
- Educates farm families, health practitioners, agricultural professionals and the general public about the unique health and safety needs of people living and working on Vermont farms.
- Creates funding opportunities and working partnerships to develop new services for the state’s agricultural workforce.
- Pilots a model for new county-based collaboratives to provide agricultural medicine services using trained practitioners.
- Holds quarterly meetings including: legislative updates, in-service trainings, program work groups, and networking opportunities.
- Runs biennial 48-hour Agricultural Medicine and Occupational Safety Trainings about the special health issues in the farming community.
Visit the Vermont Farm Health Taskforce webpage for information on current courses.
Last modified June 16 2014 09:22 AM