Migrant Education Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteers play a vital role in creating educational opportunities for migratory youth. With the support of volunteer educators, migratory youth receive services that help them acheive educational goals.
Services provided by VMEP volunteers include:
- English lessons
- GED preparation
- Life skills
- Job skills
- Social interaction
- Healthcare education and access
- Extracurricular activities
Because of the location and community worked with, two requirements for all volunteers are conversational Spanish skills and access to transportation.
What shoud I expect as a VMEP Volunteer?
- Students live in rural, isolated environments.
- The most common volunteer service is teaching English.
- Classes are taught in the students' homes.
- Volunteers provide approx. 1.5 hours of class each week.
- Volunteers work with one student or a small group.
Want to volunteer? Here are the next steps:
- Contact Zoe Halvorsen, VMEP Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com
- Complete the following volunteer paperwork:
Mail paperwork to:
617 Comstock Road, Suite 5, Berlin, VT 05602-9194
- Contact the Volunteer Coordinator to attend a MEP Volunteer Training
- Begin volunteer service!
Last modified July 13 2015 01:58 PM