To improve communication in the workplace, it is advised that producers and/or managers, and Latino employees take language lessons.
However, it should be noted that due to the high mobility of the average migrant worker, studying Spanish is in the best interest of the employer.
There are various ways to learn a second language:
- Check with the Vermont Agency of Agriculture for Spanish classes for agricultural employers
- Sign up for a class at a local college
- Self-study through audio/video programs and/or online materials
- Learning a Second Language
- Online Spanish Dairy Dictionary for Producers and Managers
- Learn Spanish audio downloads from Ag Labor Management website in California
- Online Spanish-English translation tool
Last modified July 14 2015 08:38 AM