Vermont agriculture not only feeds Vermonters, it also feeds the state economy. UVM Extension is committed to supporting this growing business sector by providing education and technical assistance tailored to the specific needs of Vermont farmers.
Workshop: Water Quality Regulations and Legal Education for Farmers
These free workshops will focus on farmer's rights and responsiblities as they relate to new water quality regulations that are about to be finalized. Lunch will be provided. Three locations and dates:
- Vergennes - December 15, 2016
- Randolph - December 16, 2016
- Enosburg - December 20, 2016
Successful family farm succession (also called "farm transfer") is critical to the future of agriculture in the U.S. and around the world. Here you will find articles, events and research. More Info >>
- Community Supported Farm Finance Guide
- Farm balance sheet (PDF)
- Maple Sugaring Projected Earnings Worksheets (XLS) (Revised January 2010). Spreadsheet for calculating maple syrup production/profitability. Use with factsheet Maple Syrup Costs: What does it really cost to produce that gallon of maple syrup? (PDF).
- FINPACK - Software to help farmers organize and analyze the current financial situation of their farm. Note: This program is used by UVM Extension to aid Vermont farmers in farm analysis and planning. You do not need to purchase a copy of this program. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to access this service.
- General Partnership for Agricultural Producers - A seven-page workbook from Michigan State University Extension for farmers considering a business arrangement to use before going to a lawyer. Questions include: Contributions of each partner; distribution of salary and profits; management and dissolution, the exit strategy. (June 1988).
- Vermont Health Connect Agricultural Producer Resource Packet (PDF): Information on health insurance requirements and options for Vermont farmers as employers under the new state and federal regulations.
- Ag Labor Management at the University of California Berkeley