March 5, 1937 - November 3, 2011
About Carl Reidel
Director of the Environmental Program from 1972 to 1994.
Member of the Environmental Program faculty from 1972 to 2000.
Daniel Clark Sanders Emeritus Professor of Environmental Studies, Natural Resources, and Public Administration.
Vice President for Policy Studies, New England Environmental Policy Center
Post Doctoral Studies:
Environmental Policy and Strategic Negotiation, Harvard University Kennedy School of Government.
Environmental Policy and Law, Yale University School of Environmental Studies and Forestry
- Ph.D., University of Minnesota, 1969
- M.P.A., Harvard University, 1964
- B.S., University of Minnesota, 1958
Other Professional Affiliations:
- Board, New England Environmental Policy Center
- Board, Forest Watch
- Trustee, New England Environmental Policy Center
- House of Representatives, Vermont Legislature, 1995-96
- Donlon Visiting Professor of Environmental Science, SUNY College of Forestry and Environmental Science 1994-96
- Book review Editor, American Forests magazine
- Vermont Governor's Council of Environmental Advisors
- Forest Guild, Member
- National Association of Public Administration
- Past President, American Forestry Association
- Board, Environmental Law Center, Vermont LawSchool
- Fellow, Vermont Academy of Arts & Sciences
- Former Director of the National Parks Association
- Past Vice Chair, Board of National Wildlife Federation
- Served on the National Advisory Board of the Bureau of Land Management, U.S. Department of the Interior