Duration: April-June 2014
Hours: 10-25 hours/week
Compensation: Experience and skills gained in position
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, March 20
The Oregon Natural Desert Association is seeking a conservation-minded communications intern to help bring our work protecting, defending and restoring Oregon’s high desert to the public. With oversight and guidance from ONDA’s communications coordinator, this individual will assist in Web and social media efforts as well as other marketing and communications tasks as needed. The ideal candidate will possess strong writing skills, digital savvy and sound judgment.
Key tasks will include:
• Creating content for Facebook, including posts and memes.
• Assisting with content development and management on websites.
• Coordinating with campaign coordinators to craft meaningful communications content.
• Crafting blog content and coordinating with potential blog contributors.
• Assisting with promotion strategies across mediums including blogs, news media and social media influencers.
• Tracking online engagement to build influencer lists and to assist in campaign outreach.
• Using strategic thinking to link communications activities to ONDA goals.
• Assisting with events as needed.
Desired skills and abilities:
• A genuine interest in conservation in general and Oregon’s high desert in particular. Knowledge of eastern Oregon landscapes, particularly the Owyhee Canyonlands, is a plus.
• Strong writing skills.
• Attention to detail and a commitment to getting it right.
• Experience and high proficiency working with computers, including Microsoft Office programs, social media applications and web platforms. Previous website management experience is a plus, as is previous use of Adobe Photoshop.
• Strong organizational and time-management skills.
• Friendly demeanor, sense of humor and ability to adapt to changes.
Skills and abilities gained through internship:
• Be involved in strategic communications efforts for campaigns, learning project planning approaches and best practices in the process.
• Create engaging content for a variety of communications mediums, including web, social media and print.
• Walk away with a portfolio of work to show potential employers.
• Gain experience in developing the voice and message of a campaign.
• Learn the inner-workings of a dynamic conservation nonprofit.
• Potential to customize your work experience based on your skills and interests.
• Please submit a cover letter, resume and the phone numbers and email addresses for three references. A writing sample and links to relevant web-related work are appreciated. - See more at: http://onda.org/who-we-are/career-opportunities/communications-intern#st...