edu@uvm — a Signature Staff Development Event
Frequently Asked Questions
What is edu@uvm?
edu@uvm is a three-day learning event that combines 60 and 90-minute sessions with a small number of extended learning opportunities—longer sessions, sometimes split over two or three days. The sessions may be presented by staff, by faculty or administration, and occasionally by outside presenters…but they are all generally focused on staff development.
Will there be refreshments?
Unfortunately we will not be providing any food or drink. You are welcome of course to bring your own—every place but the computer labs. (Remember that edu@uvm takes place during Spring Break and dining service on campus is limited.)
How do I register for a workshop?
What's the best way to get the sessions I want?
- Recognize that some sessions will fill quickly, so don't wait to register.
- Read through the Workshop Descriptions thoroughly, so you understand what to expect from each workshop.
- Look over the Program Schedule very carefully. Notice that there are overlapping sessions, so you will need to be especially attentive to choose only the sessions that you can attend.
- After you've registered, take the time to put the sessions on your calendar and set a reminder for each one.
What about waiting lists?
Sessions are limited in size based on the room and/or presenter preferences. If a particular session is full, we highly encourage you to go ahead and register and check the box to be put on the waiting list, for two reasons:
- It's not unusual for people to cancel. If they do, we will call the waiting list and try to get you in.
- If enough people are on the waiting list, we will work to schedule another session of the workshop, if possible. (If it's not possible, knowing how many folks wanted to register will help with our planning for next year!)
How will I know where sessions are held?
After you register, you will receive an e-mail confirming your registration and telling you where your session will be held. You will receive a separate e-mail for each class. You will also receive a reminder e-mail on the Friday prior to your session and that e-mail will confirm the session location.
Sessions are generally clustered around central campus: Billings, Old Mill, the Davis Center—and of course the session entitled "Getting the Most Out of Campus Recreation" will be held in the Patrick Gym/Gutterson Fieldhouse complex.
If I think there may be a seat, can I just show up?
Please don't show up unless you have a firm registration. If your name is on the waiting list, we will make every effort to contact you if a seat becomes available. (We will be taking attendance at each of the sessions.)
If I registered but am not able to make the session, what should I do?
Please cancel as soon as possible by e-mailing Learning.Services@uvm.edu. Last-minute cancellations may call 656-5800. Please help us honor those on waiting lists by letting us know of changes to your schedule as soon as they occur. (Unfortunately, although registration is accomplished through PeopleSoft HR, there is no way to cancel a registration in the system. You must e-mail Learning Services or call to cancel.)
What if I need special accommodations?
If you need special accommodations for any of the sessions, you can indicate that on the registration form. If something comes up after you've registered, please e-mail Learning.Services@uvm.edu.
What if I have more questions?
We're working really hard to put together a quality program with lots of solid opportunities for personal and professional development. We're hopeful that you'll be able to participate and that you'll find your workshop(s) really useful. We value your feedback (you'll have the opportunity to evaluate each workshop online, after the event) and we encourage you to drop us a note if you have any questions: email@example.com.
Last modified February 06 2013 04:18 PM