What We Do
What we do:
- Create behavior change campaign for the campus community.
- Develop messages and engage with students by informing them about sustainability issues.
- Conduct energy audits of light bulbs and appliances in residence halls. Then we offer new, efficient bulbs for old, inefficient ones.
- Conduct surveys about ecological issues around campus
- Attend weekly meetings to plan activities, events and formulate campaigns while providing feedback to the coordinator
- Set up and staff environmental information booths and exhibits
- Write articles about eco-topics for local newspapers
- Set up and maintain eco-bulletin boards in residence halls.
- Work in teams to formulate, test, and execute plans to improve each area of concern: recycling, water, compost, reuse, energy, and transportation
Topics we address:
- Recycling & Solid Waste
- Sustainable Transportation
- Energy Conservation
- Local Food
- Water Conservation
- Reuse Strategies