Tools for Supervisors:
Professional Development and Training offers a range of specialized programs especially for UVM Supervisors. The links below will provide details about what we can offer you and your staff.
Training Programs for Supervisors
- Supervising Today’s Student Employees: Core Skills for UVM Student Employment Supervisors
- Supervisory Learning Certificate Series
A program designed for newly hired supervisors or current employees who have recently taken on supervisory responsibilities. All new supervisors will be expected to complete this series.
This program is also an excellent review session for more seasoned supervisors - this can be accomplished by attending the New Supervisor orientation session (full day). To participate in the program, current supervisors must first contact Professional Development and Training.
To receive a New Supervisor certificate the requirements are:
- 1. One-day New Supervisor Orientation
- 2. Multicultural Team Leadership class
- 3. Employee Relations class
- 4. One Elective : A workshop from the Professional and Development (PD&T) class schedule.Any PD&T class completed by the registrant up to six months prior to the full day orientation day is considered suitable in satisfying this elective requirement.
See all class descriptions at our Supervisory class description webpage: Supervision, Management and Leadership
Tracking and Reporting
- PeopleSoft enables managers to enroll direct reports in classes. You may also view enrollment status in classes for your direct reports and look up past training history. Instructions for specific actions and more information can be found in the Track Professional Development help document.
Tools for Supporting Professional Development
Customized Training and Consultations for Your Department
Last modified January 07 2019 12:15 PM