Professional Development and Training strives to foster a culture of lifelong and continuous learning. We offer a full range of learning opportunities for staff and faculty to enhance existing skills and acquire new ones. Our workshops, resources and services are designed to improve employee success and job effectiveness. We strive to develop UVM staff at all stages of their career by providing opportunities that:
- Focus on the development of tangible skills
- Align with the University's Mission and Strategic Goals
- Integrate the principles of diversity, inclusion and Our Common Ground
- Bring the community together to share ideas and exchange information
Our Services Include:
We maintain a rotating schedule of classes designed to support UVM employees in developing the skills and knowledge necessary to do their jobs well.
We offer specialized departmental training upon request. We also maintain a list of outside trainers available for hire by individual departments. (UVM discounts are sometimes available.)
Curriculum Design and Evaluation
We are available to assist individual departments with learning program design, curriculum development and learning program evaluation.
Space and Infrastructural Support
Individual departments are welcome to use our classroom, computer lab and conference room for their departmental training events and meetings. Please e-mail us or call 656-5800 to schedule.
Our physical resources include:
- Computer Lab: Our lab seats 16 people at Dell laptop computers. The computers are running Windows 8.1 and are loaded with standard UVM business software, including the Microsoft Office 2016 suite. The lab also contains a projector, screen, instructor’s computer and dry erase board.
- Conference Room: The Professional Development and Training conference room seats 10 people comfortably and is equipped with a projector and screen. We can make a computer available for your use upon request.
- Classroom: Our classroom seats up to 18 people. The room can be configured to your needs.
Last modified November 02 2017 11:28 AM