Custodial Services Department
Our team is divided into two major work groups: Academic/Administrative/Athletics and Residential Life/Davis Center. While some of our frequencies vary due to legacy agreements and MOU's
with specific organizations, Custodial Services is responsible for the general cleaning of the majority of UVM's buildings on a daily basis and most areas adhere to the following guidelines.
Staffs are routinely responsible for:
- General cleaning on a daily basis of public areas to include: patios, entryways, hallways, restrooms, lounges, event spaces, classrooms, dining areas, elevators, and stairwells
- Opening classrooms by 8am Mon - Fri
- Weekly cleaning of office spaces
- Weekly cleaning for research lab spaces
- Periodic heavy floor care and window cleaning
- Reporting building and equipment repairs, as noticed while performing our other duties
- Snow removal at building entrances and exits
- Pest and animal control
Custodial Services will perform special services upon request. There is a charge associated with these. Examples include:
- Any cleaning service in excess of standard frequencies
- Construction project cleaning
- Cleaning of refrigerators, stoves, staff / faculty kitchen areas and special laboratories
- Room set-ups for functions or events on campus through the EMS events management system
General Fund Areas: Academic/Administrative/Athletics
Building Service Hours & Supervision
Academic & Administrative buildings that have been serviced on evenings will now be serviced on days (Mon – Fri 5am until 1:30pm). Atheletics is serviced nightly seven days a week and and on days monday trhough Friday. Here are all of the Academic & Administrative building hours Building Cleaning Schedule
Researach Labs: Please see our main tab on Research Labs
Here is a Building List by Custodial Supervisor and a visual map of the work group zones Zone Map.
Residential Life/Davis Center
The Residential Life and and Davis Center areas of campus are governed under MOU's with those departments. At a minimum, they recieve the same level of services as the other areas of campus.
Contact us with your special cleaning needs by calling 656-3385 or via email at email@example.com
Contact Paul Campo at Paul.Campo@uvm.edu with any questions.
Last modified December 08 2015 06:30 AM