Warning: include() [function.include]: Unable to access common/ctl_alt_header.php in /fs/aa/users/c/t/ctl/public_html/resources-teaching/online-teaching/index.php on line 1
Warning: include(common/ctl_alt_header.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /fs/aa/users/c/t/ctl/public_html/resources-teaching/online-teaching/index.php on line 1
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'common/ctl_alt_header.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php:/usr/local/uvm-inc') in /fs/aa/users/c/t/ctl/public_html/resources-teaching/online-teaching/index.php on line 1
We've collected numerous links and resources on this page to support faculty in designing, developing, and teaching courses that are taught entirely online. For information about how the CTL can support you in your online teaching, please contact Wendy Verrei-Berenback, firstname.lastname@example.org.
UVM Library Resources
Organizations Researching Best Practices in Online Teaching
Educause Learning Initiatives
- This site offers many useful resources on teaching with technology. Access to some resources requires membership login. UVM is a member institution, but to log in, you must first create a profile (see top right of page).
- Sloan Consortium
- The Sloan Consortium (Sloan-C) is an institutional and professional leadership organization dedicated to integrating online education into the mainstream of higher education, helping institutions and individual educators improve the quality, scale, and breadth of online education.
Educational Perspectives of Emergent Media Technologies
- New Media Consortium
- The New Media Consortium is an international community of experts in educational technology.
- MIT New Media Literacies
- Project New Media Literacies (NML), a research initiative based within MIT's Comparative Media Studies program, explores how we might best equip young people with the social skills and cultural competencies required to become full participants in an emergent media landscape and raise public understanding about what it means to be literate in a globally interconnected, multicultural world.
- CTL Accessibility Resources
Resources for Online Content
CTL's list of Image and Video Resources
- Resources from the Office of Post-Secondary Education - U.S. Department of Education
- A subject map of teaching and learning resources supported by federal grants
- MERLOT: Multimedia Education Resource for Learning and Online Teaching
- Founded in 1997 as a project of the California State University (CSU) System's Center for Distributed Learning, MERLOT has grown into an international consortium of higher education institutions that are working together to plan, set practices, and share resources for online teaching and learning initiatives.
- CTL Events Calendar
- We continuously add new events so check back often.
- Faculty Development Programs
- The Teaching Effectively Online Program
The Hybrid Course Initiative