Refresh Your Online Course Workshop “Handout”
- CTL Course Design Guidelines
- CTL Online Teaching Resources
- CTL's Blackboard How-to List
- For help with Blackboard tools write to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the CTL's Dr. Is In Program at www.uvm.edu/ctl/doctor
- CTL Screencasting Page
- List of Resources: Images, Video, and Audio www.uvm.edu/ctl/multimedia
- If you would like to have an individual consultation about your online course from an instructional designer at the CTL, write to Inés Berrizbeitia (email@example.com).
External Website Resources
- Universal Design for Learning: http://www.cast.org/
- Chunking Information for Instructional Design from "The Elearning Coach"
- Research study The Impact of Paging vs. Scrolling on Reading Online Text Passages from Software Usability Research Lab at Wichita State University
- Video on facilitating discussion
Books Recommended and Cited
- Steve Krug, Web usability expert and author of "Don't Make Me Think" featured on the website, Advanced Common Sense
- The Online Teaching Survival Guide Simple and Practical Pedagogical Tips, by Judith V. Boettcher and Rita-Marie Conrad
- Download Netiquette example (.doc)
- Download Formative Feedback Survey (a zip file to be imported into Bb.