Refresh Your Online Course Workshop “Handout”
Part 1) (re)Organize and Enrich Your Course
- CTL Course Design Guidelines
- CTL Online Teaching Resources
- CTL Screencasting Page
- CTL's List of Multimedia Resources www.uvm.edu/ctl/multimedia
- Universal Design for Learning: http://www.cast.org/
- Chunking Information for Instructional Design from "The Elearning Coach"
- Research study The Impact of Paging vs. Scrolling on Reading Online Text Passages from Software Usability Research Lab at Wichita State University
- Steve Krug, Web usability expert and author of "Don't Make Me Think" Advanced Common Sense
- If you would like to have an individual consultation about your online course from an instructional designer at the CTL, write to Inés Berrizbeitia (email@example.com).
Part 2) Blackboard Muscle
- CTL's Blackboard How-to List
- For help with Blackboard tools write to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the CTL's Dr. Is In Program at www.uvm.edu/ctl/doctor
Part 3) Faculty-to-Faculty Conversations
- This survey, from the SUNY Learning Network, is for faculty who have taught online and want to consider improvements to a course.
Take the survey or read more about the survey at the Sloan Consortium