Blackboard Course Banners and Instructions
Course banners must be web-friendly image files, i.e, files ending in one of these extensions: .jpg, .gif, or .png.
The optimal size for a banner image is approximately:
height between 200-300 pixels
width between 700-1000 pixels
The banners below are offered to be used in your Blackboard course. Here are the steps for downloading and uploading.
DOWNLOAD from this page
- RIGHT CLICK on the image and save it to your computer
- If you want to add your course name to your banner, or crop one of your own photos for use, you can use an image editor (e.g., Photoshop) or try the easy to use, free website picmonkey.com.
» See our tutorial on making a banner in picmonkey here.
(You can also visit the CTL Dr. Is In for help.)
UPLOAD to Blackboard
- In the Control Panel, click on "Customization," then click "Teaching Style"
- Scroll to "Select Banner"
- Click "Browse My Computer," choose the banner image, and then click "Submit"
and by special request...