- (Re)organize and Enrich Your Online Course
- Exercising More of Blackboard's Muscle in Your Online Teaching
- Faculty-to-Faculty Conversations About Online Teaching
- First Year Writing Institute
View Events Calendar
You are not logged in. Login to manage your events.
Thursday, March 15 @ 8:30 AM - 10:00 AM
Discussion 2: How is critical thinking developed? (Chapters 3-5)
In October, 2011, Dr. Stephen Brookfield gave a well-received Burack Distinguished Lecture and workshop on teaching and critical thinking critical thinking. In order to continue that conversation, we are pleased to announce a book group series on BrookfieldÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s recently released book Teaching for Critical Thinking: Tools and Techniques to Help Students Question their Assumptions. Participants will be provided with a copy of the text, and will be expected to attend three discussion group meetings (breakfast provided).
Co-Sponsored by the Center for Teaching and Learning, the Writing in the Disciplines Program, and the Office of Community-University Partnerships and Service-Learning.
Participants must register for and attend the February 23 meeting to participate.
- Contact: Jennifer Dickinson, Jennifer.Dickinson@uvm.edu, 802/656-0837
- Facilitated By:
Jennifer Dickinson, Ctr for Teaching & Learning; Anthropology; Anthropology; Ctr for Teaching & Learning
- Location: CTL Commons, 303 Bailey/Howe Library