- Using Camtasia for Screencasting (Mac)
- Book Group: “Contemplative Practices in Higher Education: Powerful Methods to Transform Teaching and Learning”
- Teaching in Higher Education
- Excellence in Teaching: A Discussion with the Kroepsch-Maurice Award Recipients
View Events Calendar
- Teaching Resources
- Teaching with Blackboard
Teaching with Blackboard
On this page we present some of the ways Blackboard (UVM's learning management system) can be used to enhance teaching and learning, whether teaching face-to-face in a hybrid learning environment or fully online.
Blackboard Communication Tools
- Email Options
- Discussion Board – This tool can be used to expand upon—or in lieu of—the classroom discussion. In the discussion board, a topic can be posted and students can respond at any time.
- Blogs for Writing and Journaling
- Chat Tool – The Pronto Chat tool can be used for "office hours" and live online conversations.