- Grants & Awards
- Kroepsch-Maurice Award
Kroepsch-Maurice Excellence in Teaching Award
About the Award
The Kroepsch-Maurice Excellence in Teaching Awards recognize faculty for excellent instruction. They memorialize Robert H. and Ruth M. Kroepsch and her parents, Walter C. and Mary L. Maurice. Robert H. Kroepsch served as Registrar and Dean of Administration at UVM from 1946-56. His wife, Ruth, graduated from UVM in 1938 and her father, Walter Maurice, graduated from UVM in 1909. All four of them were teachers.
Areas considered for selection include:
- Excellence in instruction (including learning experiences outside the traditional classroom)
- Capacity to animate students and engage them in the pursuit of knowledge and understanding
- Innovation in teaching methods and/or curriculum development
- Demonstrated commitment to cultural diversity
- Ability to motivate and challenge students
- Evidence of excellent advising
Each recipient will receive $1,000.
The 2015 Kroepsch-Maurice Excellence in Teaching Award Recipients:
Associate Professor: Stephen Pintauro, Nutrition & Food Sciences, Teaching Philosophy [PDF]
Assistant Professor: Maria Mercedes Avila, Pediatrics, Teaching Philosophy [PDF]
Lecturer: Matthew Kolan, Rubenstein Sch Env & Nat Res., Teaching Philosophy [PDF]
The 2017 KM nominations are closed.
If you have any questions, please call 656-1155.
Excellence in Teaching: A Discussion with the 2015 Kroepsch-Maurice Award Recipients
Back to top
Chyi-Lyi (Kathleen) Liang, Department of Community Development and Applied Economics
Patricia Mardeusz, Bailey/Howe Library
Diane Jaworski, Neurological Sciences
Stephen Dempsey, School of Business Administration
Brenda Solomon, Education and Social Services
Jennifer Sisk, English
Stuart Whitney, College of Nursing and Health Sciences
Back to top