(1) Classroom teachers: Pre-kindergarten, kindergarten,
elementary and secondary teachers in the school. This includes secondary
vocational staff where applicable.
(2) Other Teachers: Special Education and Essential Early Education teachers, guidance counselors and librarian/media specialists.
(3) Instructional Aides: Teacher aides
(4) Instructional Coordinators and Supervisors: Curriculum and Chapter 1 coordinators, Essential Early Education, Title IX, Vocational Education and Special Education directors, and department heads.
(5) Administrators: Superintendents, assistant superintendents, principals and assistant principals.
(6) Administrative support: Clerical support for administration.
(7) Other Support Staff: Psychologists, speech pathologists, audiology, nurses and nurses aides, attendance and social workers, food service staff, maintenance, security, school registrars, and student transportation staff.
Source: Vermont Department of Education Fall Data Collection.
13) Teacher Contract Information: Data from teacher employment agreements and is provided in four categories.
(1) Number of teaching days: Number of teaching days plus
the number of professional development days.
(2) Number of professional development days: Number of days contracted for professional development beyond teaching days. This does not include time teachers spend beyond the contract taking courses in the summer and preparing classes.
(3) Average Teacher salary: Average salary paid to teachers in the school. This does not include the cost of benefits and other associated costs.
Source: Vermont School Board Association (VSBA) and Vermont Department of Education.
Considerations: The Vermont School Boards Association (VSBA)
and the Vermont Department of Education have collaborated to eliminate
duplicate data collections. VSBA collects and reports information on teaching
days and professional development days while the Department of Education
is now the only agency collecting and reporting teacher salary data.
Return to the School Report Homepage
|UVM - Center for Rural Studies||Vermont Department of Education|
Please send questions or comments on the School Report to the Department of Education,
or feel free to call 802.828.3148.