The annual Pharmacology Retreat was held on November 7th and 8th at the Trapp Family Lodge in Stowe, VT. Their guest speakers were Dr. Luis Fernando Santana, Professor of Physiology & Biophysics, University of Washington and Dr. Kurt Beam, Professor of Physiology & Biophysics from the University of Colorado.This year’s Durwood J. Smith Awards went to:
- Yao Li – Best Graduate Presentation – “Contributions of Protein Kinase C and Rho Kinase to TRPM4-Mediated Myogenic Tone in Parenchymal Arterioles”
- Eugene Cilento – Best Graduate Poster – “Trim32 as a Regulator of Potassium Channels in the Brain”
- Laura Director – Best Graduate Section Chair
- Thomas Longden, PhD, and Nuria Villalba-Isabel, PhD- Best Postdoc Presentations
- Thomas Dalsgaard, PhD- Best Postdoc Poster
Congratulations to the 2013 Durwood J. Smith winners!