The day opened with graduate student research talks, followed by the CMB Student-Invited Speaker for 2013, Dr. Larry Goldstein of UC San Diego, and rounded off by a graduate student poster session and reception. Awards were presented to first, second, and third place for both the talks and poster sessions as follows:
Research Talk Awards:
- 1st Place: Krithika Rao, CMB PhD Student in Dr. Jeff Spees‘ Lab
- 2nd Place: Gregory Hoeprich, MPBP PhD Student in Dr. Chris Berger‘s Lab
- 3rd Place: Andrew McKenzie, Pharmacology PhD Student in Dr. Alan Howe‘s Lab AND Ahmed Abdeen Hamed, Computer Science Graduate Student of Dr. Xindong Wu and Dr. Ben Littenberg
- 1st Place: Thomas Sladewski, MPBP PhD Student in Dr. Kathleen Trybus‘ Lab
- 2nd Place: Benjamin King, CMB PhD Student in Dr. Jason Botten‘s Lab
- 3rd Place: Laura Director, CMB PhD Candidate in Dr. Alan Howe‘s Lab AND Deli Hong, Visiting Biochemistry PhD Candidate in Dr. Gary Stein‘s Lab
Congratulations to all the award winners!
Thank you to all the graduate students who participated, as well as Dr. Larry Goldstein for being a fantastic Keynote Speaker! Also, thank you to Nathan Roy for coordinating Dr. Goldstein’s visit, and to our faculty judges, Drs. Cindy Forehand, Alicia Ebert, Tom Jetton, Chris Berger, Rob Hondal, and Joe Brayden.