Community Development and Applied Economics
CDAE is partnered with various institutes and centers at the University of Vermont and beyond. These partnerships expand the opportunities to graduate students in CDAE, offering additional financial support, internship support, or academic/collegial resources.
- Growing Vermont Student-Run Store: Growing Vermont is the nation's only non-profit, student-run, vendor incubator store, made for small scale Vermont vendors. The student-operated Growing Vermont store seeks to contribute to the continued sustainable economic development of the State of Vermont by pursuing a strategy of educating and supporting potential and current local entrepreneurs.
- The Peace Corps Fellows Program: The Paul D. Coverdell Fellows Program at the University of Vermont offers Returned Peace Corps Volunteers financial and institutional support to earn an MS in Community Development and Applied Economics or an MPA.
- Center for Rural Studies: Established in 1978, the Center for Rural Studies promotes the dissemination of information through teaching, consulting, research, and community outreach. CRS contributes to the search for solutions to rural problems and issues.
- UVM Transportation Research Center: The TRC brings together graduate students from all colleges at UVM who study and research the energy and environmental impacts of our transportation systems. TRC offers the TRC Graduate Scholars Program and assistantships and a Graduate Certificate in Sustainable Transportation Systems
- The Gund Institute for Ecological Economics: CDAE faculty and students are among the pioneering experts and leading educators from around the world and across a wide variety of academic and environmental disciplines that make up the Gund Institute. A Graduate Certificate in Ecological Economics can be pursued by CDAE graduate students.
- Snelling Center for Government: The Snelling Center fosters responsible and ethical civic leadership, encourage public service by private citizens, and promote informed citizen participation in shaping public policy in Vermont.
Last modified February 06 2012 12:50 PM