Below you will find the most important issues that apply to being a Senior and prospective graduation:
- Check your UVM email no less than once a week
All reminders for requirements will be sent to your student UVM email address. Read any correspondence from the Dean's Office carefully.
- Complete the on-line Intent to Graduate Form
This form is required in order to graduate and should be completed the semester before you intend to graduate in order to assure that there aren't any last minute issues.
- Review ALL parts of your CATS Audit
The CATS Audit is utilized for certification of degree completion. Your CATS audit should correctly reflect your remaining requirements. If you believe there are errors, contact the Dean's Office as soon as possible. Check that your declared major and your minor are accurate. If not, correct it by accessing a change of major on-line form.
- Review Transfer credits, if applicable
Make sure all credit taken at institutions other than UVM has transferred in properly. If not contact Transfer Affairs at 802.656.0867 or email@example.com.
- Meet with your assigned Advisor during your last semesters at UVM to review what requirements you need or discuss any academic issues that may arise. Your advisor will be listed under your Student Records in the Student Information System.
- Grades Resolution
All Incompletes, Missing Grades, and SP's on your record must be resolved prior to graduation. (Check your transcript)
- Only students who have completed all the necessary requirements at the end of the Spring semester are permitted to participate in the ceremony.
- Run your CATS audit once all of your final semester's grades are processed and if it states "All requirements identified below have been met" then you will be certified for graduation.
- You must have a cap and gown in order to be in the ceremony. They are available for purchase at the UVM Bookstore.
- University Honors will not be calculated until all grades for the Spring semester are processed. The medallion may be picked up at 438 College Street during normal work hours before commencement or given at the time of lineup Sunday morning.
- Information and details about Commencement are posted to the Commencement Website. This includes information about UVM's ceremony and the College of Arts and Sciences ceremony. Check the site frequently for updates. Changes to locations due to inclement weather are posted starting at 6:00 a.m. on Commencement day.