Staff Development Award Guidelines
- The maximum staff development award is $300. (This is
an annual allotment and can be used to support several awards
totaling $300 each fiscal year, July 1 - June 30).
- Recipients must be permanent staff members
in the College of Arts and Sciences with an FTE (full-time
equivalency) of at least 0.50.
- The probationary period for the current position must have been
completed prior to receipt of an award.
- The funds must be used for professional development, and may
be used to defray travel expenses, registration fees for professional
conferences, short-course tuitions, and workshop fees. Awards
may not be used for programs that are similar to those available
free of charge through the University or to purchase computer
equipment, software, or other durable materials.
- Before submitting an application the applicant should speak
with his/her Department Chair and get a commitment of release
time and assistance in funding if the amount needed should exceed
$300. (Departmental assistance with funding is not required
but is strongly encouraged.)
- Applications will be reviewed once a month on or shortly after the 15th of the month. Applications should be submitted as early as possible.
- For the sake of efficiency, funds will be
transferred to the Department twice each year. You may spend this money before it actually
appears in the budget.
- Applications should be submitted to the Dean's Office, College of Arts and Sciences,
438 College Street.
- The application
form is available below in Adobe Acrobat format.
- Questions about Staff Development Awards may
be addressed to the Business Operations Manager in the Dean's
Office, College of Arts and Sciences.