Replacement Program Configurations FY 2015
Note that you may also view configurations similar to these at the Depot Bookstore website, however CAS Computing Services places all orders. Also note that because of the length of time between request and order, the actual computer you receive may be slightly different from the below. In general though, these revisions are to your benefit (better computer, newer software, same price to us).
- This is a replacement program; you do not get to keep your old computer under any circumstances.
- CAS Computing provides one each of all adapters necessary to use the computer in the average office and classroom. All other peripherals and extras are at departmental expense. If you lose any of the provided adapters, replacements are also a departmental expense.
This year, due to continual demand for lighter portable computers, we are including Ultrabook and Macbook Air options on our configuration menu. Please note what these computers DO NOT HAVE.
In general these computers:
- do not have an optical drive (aka a CD ROM or DVD drive)
- do not have a wired network or Firewire port, and may require adapters for certain purposes
- may have a smaller screen
- may have a smaller hard drive storage space
- are not upgradable as far as RAM or hard drives
- do not have a removable battery (and therefore have a predefiined usable life of approximate five years)
NOTE that UVM has standardized on 64 bit Windows 7 Enterprise for all Windows platform computers sold through Microcomputer Services. We do not plan on deploying Windows 8.1 for the FY 2015 Replacement Program.
If you are presently using a Windows computer, choose one of the following:
OptiPlex 7010 Desktop
3.4GHz Intel Core i5, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD, Radeon HD 7470 Video Card, 22" Cinema Display, CD/DVD RW Drive, 3YR Warranty, Windows 7 64 bit Enterprise, Microsoft Office 2013.
Intel Core i5-4310U 2.0GHz Processor, 14.0" HD Display, 4GB RAM, 256GB Solid State Drive, Integrated HD 4400 Graphics, Wireless + Bluetooth, Webcam and Microphone, 3 Year CompleteCare™ Accidental Damage Service, Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit, Microsoft Office 2013, Weight 4.6 Lbs.NOTE - NO CD-DVD DRIVE.
If you are presently using a Macintosh computer, choose one of the following:
iMac 21.5" Late 2013
2.7GHz Quad intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 1TB Hard Drive, Intel Iris Pro Graphics, 802.11a/b/g/n Wireless, Bluetooth, Gigabit Ethernet, FaceTime HD Camera, Wireless Keyboard and Magic Mouse. Three-Year AppleCare™ Warranty, Three-Year AppleCare™ Warranty, OS X Yosemite(10.10), Microsoft Office 2011. NOTE - NO CD-DVD DRIVE, NO FIREWIRE PORT, NO NUMERIC KEYPAD ON KEYBOARD
MacBook Air 13" Early 2014
1.3GHz Dual Core i5 (Haswell), 13.3in. LCD, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 128GB Flash storage, Intel HD graphics 5000, Wireless 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.0, FaceTime HD Camera, Three-year AppleCare™ Warranty, OS X Yosemite (10.10), Microsoft Office 2011, Weight 2.96 Lbs. 1. NOTE - NO NO CD-DVD DRIVE, NO FIREWIRE PORT, ADAPTERS PROVIDED FOR WIRED NETWORKING AND VGA
Last modified November 18 2014 03:41 PM