UVM History Professor a Key Link to Historic Find
A French historian learns of a medieval manuscript about to be auctioned off in the United States and races to share its secrets with the world. It sounds like the plot of a mystery novel, but fact is sometimes more exciting than fiction, as UVM history professor Sean Field discovers.
Alumna Helps Unlock Possibilities of Space Colonization
Why do so many astronauts return to Earth with blurred vision? That’s a question Karina Marshall-Goebel ’10 is aiming to answer with her award-winning research on the physiological impact of long-term space travel. She was recently featured on the Forbes "30 Under 30 Science and Healthcare" list for 2017 in Europe.
Belfast Tourney Gives Student Athletes a Seminar in Northern Ireland History
When the UVM men’s hockey team travelled to Belfast, Ireland, over the 2016 Thanksgiving break, players got more than an early-season trans-Atlantic road trip. They also got a seminar in the culture and history of Northern Ireland, and a deeper understanding of the sectarian rivalries that still divide the country.
News and Events:
- Resilience In the Rubble: Sociology Major in Nepal
- Todd McGowan Presents CAS Dean's Lecture "Citizen Trump"
- Art Professor's Book Cited on "Best of 2016" List
- Kassi Underwood '06 Publishes Memoir with Harper Collins
- CAS Department Updates
- Department of Music and Dance Events
What's playing next at the Royall Tyler Theatre?
- The musical Spring Awakening runs February 23-March 5