From the moment he entered the gym for a Special Olympics unified basketball team practice as a Burlington High School junior, Sam Donnelly ’20 felt it. “It was like a switch flipped,” he says, immediately drawn in by a warm welcome and seamless spirit of equality and inclusion. So began a lasting relationship.
Each Winter Break, while many college students head to tropical destinations for some much needed rest and relaxation, 20 UVM students and two professors head to the Caribbean for another reason — community development through service-learning.
Food–in all its forms, from farms, to value added products–is inherent to Vermont's culture; so it is fitting that UVM is part of the Real Food Challenge national campaign that aims to "shift 20 percent of existing university food budgets in the U.S.
- Koliba Connects with MPA Student Halfway Across the Globe
- Kolodinsky and Moser Weigh in on Young People Leaving–and Moving to–Vermont
- UVM Receives USDA Grant to Spearhead New Farm-to-Consumer Model to Be Implemented in Three States
- A Day in the Dirt
- CDAE Celebrates Students and Faculty at Annual Honors Day
- Legislature as Laboratory
- Vermonters Support the GMO Labeling Law
- CALS Faculty Honored by the UVM Women's Center
- Study: Vermont Maple Industry Contributes More Than $300 Million in Sales to State's Economy
- UVM Again a Top Peace Corps Volunteer-Producing University