Catherine Donnelly, a professor in the University of Vermont’s Department of Nutrition and Food Sciences, has won a James Beard Foundation award for her encyclopedic reference work, The Oxford Companion to Cheese, published in November of 2016 by Oxford University Press. The book won in the reference and scholarship category.
The importance of buying local food receives a lot of lip service among proponents of sustainable food systems, but what value does buying locally actually provide to local economies? And how can an institution know whether their purchases of local food are really helping local farms and communities?
- Cooler and Wetter: Study Links Irrigation to Inaccurate Climate Perception
- CREAM Program Offers a 'Real Education' in Dairy Management
- Undergrad Interns for Rwandan Health Minister
- Study: Vermont Maple Industry Contributes More Than $300 Million in Sales to State's Economy
- Dr. Julie Smith Honored with the John Finley Award for Outstanding Contribution to Agriculture
- UVM Again a Top Peace Corps Volunteer-Producing University
- Animal Science Students Connect Vermont to the World through Public Science Exhibit
- New Transdisciplinary PhD Program in Food Systems Offered at UVM
- Professor Liang Receives Hubert W. Vogelmann Award for Excellence in Research and Scholarship
- New UVM Dairy Science Teaching and Research Center Dedicated with Ribbon Cutting
- 1 of 28
- next ›