Animal Care Charges at Miller Farm
1. Large scale research projects will no longer be conducted at Miller
2. Farm staffing levels are set to provide support for teaching mission and infrastructure support for small scale research projects.
3. No staff time is available for animal care, including milking. These costs will have to be picked up by the research project or research cost share support.
4. FY 2011 Research support charges to be determined for individual projects, including the following:
a. Clean out and change of bedding, using overtime rates for Program Specialist (Feed/Nutrition). For FY11 this rate will be $29.42 per hour plus fringe.
b. Bedding cost – based on CREAM usage, $.59 per cow per day
c. Feed – use current CREAM feed cost
d. Other uses requiring time, equipment or materials to be determined on a case by case basis.
5. On-going maintenance and repairs will be paid for by the farm unless a research protocol requires modification to existing structures or results in direct damage to current infrastructure. In that case, the grant would be expected to cover the maintenance / repair cost directly.
Last modified September 09 2010 04:35 PM