Lawrence K. Forcier Outstanding Senior Award
(Above: Danielle T. Leahy '13 and Dean Thomas Vogelmann.
Danie is the 2013 L. K. Forcier Outstanding Senior Award winner.)
The Lawrence K. Forcier Outstanding Senior Award is given to one of the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences' top graduating seniors who has distinguished himself or herself through academic achievement and outstanding service. Named in honor of former dean Lawrence K. Forcier who served the college with distinction from 1991-1998, this award is presented annually at the College's Alumni and Friends Dinner in May at which graduating seniors are given special recognition.
The CALS mission and goals are to establish the basis for its students to hold a lifelong commitment to learning, discovery, truth, community service, and excellence.
Please nominate a graduating senior you believe meets the award criteria by Friday, March 7, 2014.
The nominee must:
- be a CALS graduating senior, Class of 2014
- have maintained an excellent academic record (minimum GPA 3.0)
- demonstrate a positive presence on campus and in the local community by exhibiting a record of achievement and leadership
- exhibit the highest standards and promise in his/her research and scholarship
- have provided distinguished service within the UVM and local community
- exhibit high standards in character
- have shown commitment to CALS and its students
To nominate a student for the Lawrence K. Forcier Outstanding Senior Award, please complete the nomination form. In addition to the nomination form, provide the nominee's resume and two additional letters of support addressing the above criteria.
The student chosen for the award will be notified in advance of the CALS Alumni and Friends event.
Questions about this award should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or (802) 656-2980.
|2013||Danielle T. Leahy '13|
|2012||Rebecca R. Calder '12|
|2011||Erin Elizabeth King '11|
|2010||Simonne Fuge '10|
|2009||Jacob D. McFadden '09|
|2008||Christa Sherburne-Law '08|
||Nathaniel T.B. Moore '07
||Sarah B. Simpson '06
||John H. Pigott '05
||Kathlyn E. Coughlan '04
|2003||Heather E. Hawkes '03|
|2002||Katie K. Cross '02|
|2001||Della A. Berhanu '01|
|2000||Alexander M. Kende '00|
|1999||Marie E. Machado '99|
Last modified February 06 2014 05:29 PM