Alexander Kende Academic Merit Award
The Alexander Kende Memorial Fund honors the memory of Alex Kende, a sixth-generation Vermonter who graduated in May 2000 with honors at the top of his class in CALS Biological Sciences program. An exemplary student, Alex received the Lawrence K. Forcier Outstanding Senior Award and had been accepted into UVM’s College of Medicine Class of 2004. On December 1, 2000, a serious illness claimed the life of this fine young man who faculty described as a “magnetic personality with intellectual prowess, personal warmth and a stimulating presence in the laboratory.” The Alexander Kende Academic Merit Award will be presented at the CALS Honors Day in April. CALS' mission and goals are to establish the basis for its students to hold a lifelong commitment to learning, discovery, truth, community service, and excellence.
Award CriteriaThe nominee must:
- be a CALS second semester junior
- have maintained an excellent academic record (minimum GPA 3.0)
- demonstrate an interest in medicine or bio-medical research
- exhibit high standards and promise in his/her research and scholarship
- have provided distinguished service within the UVM and/or local community
- exhibit high standards in character, integrity, personal courage and good humor
To nominate a student for the Alexander Kende Academic Merit Award, please complete the nomination form. In addition to the nomination form, provide the nominee’s resume and two additional letters of support addressing the above criteria.
Questions about this award should be directed to email@example.com or call (802) 656-2980.
|2012||Robert Rudy '13|
|2011||Danielle T. Leahy '12|
|2010||Nicole Ferland '11|
|2009||Vanessa Patten '10|
|2008||Eila Susskind '09|
||Deandra J. Dill '08
|2006||Megan G. Richmond '07
|2005||Joseph R. Pare '06
|2004||Emily T. Keller '05
|2003||Cedric Pecor '04|
|2002||Colleen A. Carroll '03|
||Emily J. Keller '02|