- Associate Professor
- Arel, Barbara Ph.D.
- Beaudoin, Cathy A. Ph.D.
- Bonifield, Carolyn M Ph.D.
- Cats-Baril, William L. Ph.D.
- Dempsey, Stephen J. Ph.D.
- Gove, Steven F Ph.D.
- Hughes, Susan B. Ph.D.
- Jones, David A. Ph.D.
- Lucas, Marilyn T. Ph.D.
- Monsen, Erik Ph.D
- Novak, David Ph.D.
- Parke, E. Lauck Ph.D.
- Prevost, Andrew
- Tomas III, Michael J. Ph.D.
- Vanden Bergh, Richard G. Ph.D.
- Zhang, Chun Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor
- Lecturer/Sr Lecturer
- Lecturer (Part Time)
- Faculty Emeritus
Samuel W. McDowell, Ph.D. Part Time Lecturer I
Samuel McDowell is not currently associated with the School of Business Administration at the University of Vermont.
Contact InformationOffice: 313A Kalkin
Phone: 802 839-1946
Samuel (Sandy) McDowell is an executive with a proven track record in operational improvement, expense control and change management. He is a Ph.D. with a breadth of experience covering quality initiatives in healthcare, medical diagnostics, finance, and supply chain management. Sandy's employment experience spans public and large private organizations, as well as experience as an independent consultant and small business owner. Sandy publishes and speaks on a variety of business and technical topics. He has taught business management at Champlain College, and production and operations management in the UVM MBA program. He is a graduate of Middlebury College, the University of Vermont, and the Polytechnic Institute of New York.
Journal Article, Academic Journal
- zz-McDowell, S.; Wahl, R.; Michelson, J. - "Herding cats: the challenges of EMR vendor selection" (Refereed) - Journal of Healthcare Information Management - 2003 - v. 17, no. 3, pp. 63-71 [View publication] [Show/Hide Abstract]
- zz-McDowell, S. - "Investment Efficiency: A Comprehensive ROI" (Refereed) - Industrial Management - 2001 - v. 43, no. 1, pp. 20-26 [View publication] [Show/Hide Abstract]
- zz-McDowell, S. - "Just-in-time project management" (Refereed) - IIE Solutions, Institute of Industrial Engineers, Inc. - 2001 - v. 33, no. 4, pp. 30-33 [View publication] [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Billings, A. G.; zz-McDowell, S.; Gomberg, C. A.; Kessler, M.; Weiner, S. - "The validity of time sampling in group interactions" (Refereed) - Journal of Social Psychology - 1978 - v. l04, pp. 223-230
- zz-McDowell, S.; Kohn, M.D., M. S. - "Rapid Change in Healthcare Organizations" - The Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HiMSS) - 2007 [View publication] [Show/Hide Abstract]
- zz-McDowell, S.; Wahl, R. - "You Can Do It Cinderelly: Managing a Portfolio of Projects" (Refereed) - Proceedings: 2003 Society for Health Systems Management Engineering Forum - 2003 - pp. 265-275
- zz-McDowell, S.; Wahl, R. - "Herding Cats: Preparing for a Major System Change" (Refereed) - 13th Annual Society for Health Systems Conference; 2001 Conference Proceedings - 2001 - pp. 83-92
- zz-McDowell, S. - "Investment Efficiency: A Comprehensive ROI" (Refereed) - Proceedings of the 2000 Society for Health Systems Conference - 2000
- zz-McDowell, S. - "Just-in-time project management (JITPM): Two Case Studies" (Refereed) - Proceedings of the HIMSS 2000 Annual Conference - 2000
- Billings, A. G.; Gomberg, C. A.; zz-McDowell, S.; Kessler, M.; Weiner, S. - "Conflict resolution of alcoholic and non-alcoholic married couples" (Refereed) - American Psychological Association convention - 1977