- Associate Professor
- Arel, Barbara Ph.D.
- Beaudoin, Cathy A. Ph.D.
- Bonifield, Carolyn M Ph.D.
- Cats-Baril, William L. Ph.D.
- Dempsey, Stephen J. Ph.D.
- Gove, Steven F Ph.D.
- Hughes, Susan B. Ph.D.
- Jones, David A. Ph.D.
- Lucas, Marilyn T. Ph.D.
- Monsen, Erik Ph.D
- Novak, David Ph.D.
- Parke, E. Lauck Ph.D.
- Prevost, Andrew
- Tomas III, Michael J. Ph.D.
- Vanden Bergh, Richard G. Ph.D.
- Zhang, Chun Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor
- Lecturer/Sr Lecturer
- Lecturer (Part Time)
- Faculty Emeritus
Patrick Raymund James M Garcia, Ph.D. Assistant Professor
Contact InformationOffice: 318 Kalkin
Phone: (802) 656-0507
Office Hours: Tuesdays 10:00-11:00am, Thursdays 1:15-2:15pm or by appointment
Patrick Garcia is an Assistant Professor of Management at the University of Vermont. Prior to this appointment, Patrick worked as a postdoctoral research fellow in the Australian National University where he also earned his PhD degree in Business (Organizational Behavior). His research focuses on the antecedents, mechanisms, and consequences of workplace aggression (e.g., supervisory abuse and workplace deviance) as well as the role of socio-cognitive factors in career development. He has won best paper awards at the Annual Conference of the US Academy of Management (AoM, Social Issues in Management Division, 2011) and the Australian Industrial/Organizational Psychology Conference (2011). Patrick has also published in well-respected outlets such as the Journal of Applied Psychology, Journal of Vocational Behavior, Leadership Quarterly, Journal of Research in Personality, and Journal of Career Assessment.
Courses Currently Taught by Patrick Raymund James Garcia:
- BSAD 120 - Leadership & Org Behavior FA 2015
- Section A, 004 Kalkin 3:30-4:45 MW
- Section B, 004 Kalkin 5:05-6:20 MW
Journal Article, Academic Journal
- Garcia, P.; Wang, L.; Lu, V.; Kiazad, K.; Restubog, S. - "When victims become culprits: The role of subordinates neuroticism in the relationship between abusive supervision and workplace deviance" - Personality and Individual Differences - 2015 - pp. 225-229
- Tolentino, L.; Garcia, P.; Lu, V.; Restubog, S.; Bordia, P.; Plewa, C. - "Career adaptation: The relation of adaptability to learning goal orientation, proactive personality, and career optimism " - Journal of Vocational Behavior - 2014 - v. 84, pp. 39-48
- Garcia, P.; Restubog, S.; Kiewitz, C.; Scott, K.; Tang, R. - "Roots run deep: Investigating psychological mechanisms between history of family aggression and abusive supervision" - Journal of Applied Psychology - 2014 - v. 99, pp. 883-897
- Garcia, P.; Milkovits, M.; Bordia, P. - "The impact of work family conflict on late-career workers intentions to continue paid employment: A Social Cognitive Career Theory approach" - Journal of Career Assessment - 2014 - v. 22, pp. 682-699
- Tolentino, L.; Garcia, P.; Sedoglavich, V.; Lu, V.; Restubog, S. - "The role of career adaptability in predicting entrepreneurial intentions: A moderated mediation model" - Journal of Vocational Behavior - 2014 - v. 85, pp. 403-412
- Tolentino, L.; Garcia, P.; Restubog, S.; Bordia, P.; Tang, R. - "Validation of the Career Adapt-Abilities Scale and an examination of a model of career adaptation in the Philippine context" - Journal of Vocational Behavior - 2013 - v. 83, pp. 410-418
- Kiewitz, C.; Restubog, S.; Zagenczyk, T.; Scott, K.; Garcia, P.; Tang, R. - "Sins of the parents: Self-control as a buffer between supervisors??? previous experience of family undermining and subordinates??? perceptions of abusive supervision" - Leadership Quarterly - 2012 - v. 23, pp. 869-882
- Garcia, P.; Restubog, S.; Toledano, L.; Tolentino, L.; Rafferty, A. - "Differential moderating effects of student and parent-rated support in the relationship between learning goal orientation and career decision-making self-efficacy among Filipino university students" - Journal of Career Assessment - 2011 - v. 20, pp. 22-33
- Restubog, S.; Garcia, P.; Toledano, L.; Amarnani, R.; Tolentino, L.; Tang, R. - "Yielding to (cyber)-temptation: Exploring the buffering role of self-control in the relationship between organizational justice and cyberloafing behavior in the workplace" - Journal of Research in Personality - 2011 - v. 45, pp. 247-251
- Restubog, S.; Garcia, P.; Wang, L.; Cheng, D. - "It???s all about control: The role of self-control in buffering the effects of negative reciprocity beliefs and trait anger on workplace deviance" - Journal of Research in Personality - 2010 - v. 44, pp. 655-660
- Restubog, S.; Florentino, A.; Garcia, P. - "The mediating roles of career self-efficacy and career decidedness in the relationship between contextual support and persistence" - Journal of Vocational Behavior - 2010 - v. 77, pp. 186-195
- Garcia, P.; Restubog, S.; Denson, T. - "The moderating role of prior exposure to aggressive home culture in the relationship between negative reciprocity beliefs and aggression" - Journal of Research in Personality - 2010 - v. 44, pp. 380-385