- Associate Professor
- Arel, Barbara Ph.D.
- Beaudoin, Cathy A. Ph.D.
- Bonifield, Carolyn M Ph.D.
- Cats-Baril, William L. Ph.D.
- Dempsey, Stephen J. Ph.D.
- Hughes, Susan B. Ph.D.
- Jones, David A. Ph.D.
- Lucas, Marilyn T. Ph.D.
- Monsen, Erik Ph.D
- Novak, David Ph.D.
- Parke, E. Lauck Ph.D.
- Tomas III, Michael J. Ph.D.
- Vanden Bergh, Richard G. Ph.D.
- Zhang, Chun Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor
- Lecturer/Sr Lecturer
- Lecturer (Part Time)
- Faculty Emeritus
Paula L Cope, M.Ed Lecturer (Part-Time)
Contact InformationOffice: none listed
Paula is a consultant, trainer, and facilitator specializing in organization development, CEO succession planning, change management, and leadership. In 2012, she was the recipient of the Distinguished Service Award, awarded by the University of Vermont and in 2005 she was named Vermont's Small Business Woman of the Year, awarded by the U.S. Small Business Administration.
Prior to founding Cope & Associates, Inc., Paula was in non-profit management and later joined TD Bank (formerly TD Banknorth) as Director of Training & Development. She has worked with clients representing a diverse array of for-profit and non-profit organizations in industries such as finance and insurance, health care, public utilities, education, government, manufacturing, and human service agencies.
Paula earned two degrees from the University of Vermont - a Master of Education in Organization Development and Human Resources, and a Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy. She is a nationally known speaker in managing organizational change, succession planning, leadership development, and board development. Paula is the architect for the International Center for Captive Insurance Education and is on the national faculty for National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies teaching CEO succession planning and evaluation. Paula is currently a Vermont Trustee for Northeast Delta Dental and chairs their Legislative Committee.
Courses Currently Taught by Paula Cope:
Journal Article, Professional Journal
- Cope, P. - "Strengthening Your RRG by Measuring Board Effectiveness" - The Risk Retention Reporter - 2013 - pp. 27
- Cope, P. - "Beyond Corporate Governance" - Captive Review Magazine - 2007 - pp. 14-15
- Cope, P. - "Top of the Class" - Captive Review Magazine - 2005 - pp. 28-30
Book, Chapter in Scholarly Book-New
- Cope, P.; Brown, J.; Short, K. - "Cash Out Move On- Get Top Dollar and More Selling Your Business" - Business Enterprise Press - 2008 , [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Cope, P.; Cavanaugh, B. B. - "The Long Run" - 2008 - pp. 38-40 [Show/Hide Abstract]