- Associate Professor
- Assistant Professor
- Lecturer/Sr Lecturer
- Lecturer (Part Time)
- Faculty Emeritus
Merryn Rutledge, EdD Lecturer I
Merryn Rutledge is not currently associated with the School of Business Administration at the University of Vermont.
Contact InformationOffice: none listed
Phone: 802 863-7084
Dr. Merryn Rutledge is a part time lecturer in graduate programs at UVM and St Michael's College. As an organizational development practitioner, Merryn is Principal of ReVisions LLC, which since 1995 has advised leaders throughout the country on leadership challenges and change initiatives. Through multi-stakeholder engagement, organizational assessment, facilitating group process, program design and evaluation, and executive coaching, our firm helps clients collaborate, plan, communicate effectively and manage change. Clients include national and international companies, multi-sector collaboratives, Federal and state agencies and non-profits.
Merryn is a VT examiner for the Baldrige Criteria for Performance Excellence and is trained in leadership, facilitation, team work, conflict management and diversity. She is the author of Strategic Planning Guide for Leaders of Small Organizations, has contributed to other books, and writes frequent articles on leadership and management.
Merryn holds a doctorate in Leadership and Policy Studies from the University of Vermont and earned BA and Masters degrees from Smith College. Before founding her organizational development practice, Merryn led educator professional development and taught for many years in the US and abroad.
Journal Article, Academic Journal
- Rutledge, M. - "Reading the subtext on gender" (Refereed) - Educational Leadership - 1997 - v. 54, no. 7, pp. 71-73 [View publication] [Show/Hide Abstract]
Journal Article, Professional Journal
- Rutledge, M. - "Sensemaking as a tool in working with complexity" - OD Practitioner - 2009 - v. 41, no. 2, pp. 19-24
- Rutledge, M. - "Helping children see and challenge prevailing stereotypes" - Classroom Leadership - 1998 - v. 1, no. 4, pp. 1-5
Book, Chapter in Textbook-New
- Rutledge, M. - "Teaching kids about gender stereotypes" - Every Child a Learner - 1996 - pp. 292-294 ,
- Rutledge, M. - "Educating a Diverse Population " - CourseWise Publishing - 1997 ,
- Rutledge, M. - "Strategic planning guide for leaders of small organization" - Fox Press - 2005 ,