- Associate Professor
- Assistant Professor
- Lecturer/Sr Lecturer
- Lecturer (Part Time)
- Faculty Emeritus
Cathy A. Beaudoin, Ph.D. Assistant Professor
Contact InformationOffice: 317 Kalkin
Phone: (802) 656-0313
Office Hours: Tuesday, Thursday, 10:00AM-11:15AM, or by appointment or by appointment
Dr. Beaudoin is an Assistant Professor at The University of Vermont School of Business. She holds degrees from California State Polytechnic University (B.S.), Columbia University (MBA), and Drexel University (Ph.D.).
Cathy has extensive accounting work experience, both in public accounting and industry. She has worked in the tax department at KPMG Peat Marwick, in various accounting and reporting positions in the financial services industry including a Fortune 100 company, and was also the Vice President of Finance of a large, publicly-traded company.
Cathy's research interests include examining the decision making process in accounting and financial reporting contexts. This includes examining various factors that influence financial executives' accounting and financial reporting choices as well as examining how accounting and financial reporting factors influence managers' operating decisions.
Cathy was raised in Enfield, Connecticut. She has lived in many areas of the United States including Los Angeles, New York City, Tampa, Philadelphia, and now Vermont. Cathy likes to participate in sporting activities and currently competes in triathlons. She is also an avid reader of both fiction and nonfiction works, listens to a wide range of podcasts, and is continually looking for new music to enjoy.
Courses Currently Taught by Cathy Beaudoin:
- BSAD 060 - Financial Accounting FA 2013
- Section D, 004 Kalkin 8:30-9:45 TR - ON-LINE SYLLABUS
- BSAD 366 - Advanced Accounting FA 2013
- Section A, 325 Kalkin 11:30-12:45 TR - ON-LINE SYLLABUS
Journal Article, Academic Journal
- Beaudoin, C. A.; Hughes, S. B. - (Forthcoming) "APT, Inc. An Application of Fair Value" (Refereed) - Issues in Accounting Education - 2013 [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Hughes, S. B.; Beaudoin, C. A.; Boedeker, R. R. - "Good Intentions at Good Grains, Inc." (Refereed) - Issues in Accounting Education - 2013 - v. 28, no. 1, pp. 115-129
- Beaudoin, C. A.; Dang, L.; Fang, Q.; Tsakumis, G. - "The Agency Problem and the Moderating Role of Culturally-Based Management Style on Chinese Managers' Discretionary Accruals" (Refereed) - Journal of International Accounting, Auditing, and Taxation - 2012 - v. 21, pp. 145-155 [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Arel, B.; Beaudoin, C. A.; Cianci, A. - "The Impact of Ethical Leadership, the Internal Audit Function, and moral intensity on a financial reporting decision" (Refereed) - Journal of Business Ethics - 2012 - v. 109, no. 3, pp. 351-366 [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Beaudoin, C. A.; Chandar, N.; Werner, E. - "Good Disclosure Doesn't Cure Bad Accounting - or Does it? " (Refereed) - Advances in Accounting - 2011 - v. 27, no. 1, pp. 99-110 [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Beaudoin, C. A.; Chandar, N.; Werner, E. W. - "Are Potential Effects of SFAS 158 Associated with Firms' Decisions to Freeze Their Defined Benefit Pension Plans?" (Refereed) - Review of Accounting and Finance - 2010 - v. 9, no. 4, pp. 424-451 [View publication] [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Agoglia, C. P.; Beaudoin, C. A.; Tsakumis, G. T. - "The Effect of Documentation Structure and Task-Specific Experience on Auditors' Ability to Identify Control Weaknesses" (Refereed) - Behavioral Research in Accounting - 2009 - v. 21, no. 1, pp. 17 [View publication] [Show/Hide Abstract]