- Associate Professor
- Arel, Barbara Ph.D.
- Beaudoin, Cathy A. Ph.D.
- Bonifield, Carolyn M Ph.D.
- Cats-Baril, William L. Ph.D.
- Dempsey, Stephen J. Ph.D.
- Hughes, Susan B. Ph.D.
- Jones, David A. Ph.D.
- Lucas, Marilyn T. Ph.D.
- Monsen, Erik Ph.D
- Novak, David Ph.D.
- Parke, E. Lauck Ph.D.
- Tomas III, Michael J. Ph.D.
- Vanden Bergh, Richard G. Ph.D.
- Zhang, Chun Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor
- Lecturer/Sr Lecturer
- Lecturer (Part Time)
- Faculty Emeritus
William F. Averyt, Ph.D. Associate Professor Emeritus
Contact InformationOffice: none listed
Dr. Averyt retired effective June 1, 2006. His areas of interest include international trade and investment policy, information policy, and strategic management. He worked as an international consultant for major corporate and government clients of the US, Canada, West Europe, and Asia. He formerly worked as Director for International Trade for the National Association of Manufacturers, and was Vice President, International Business-Government Counselors, Inc. Dr. Averyt obtained his Ph.D. from Yale University. He has M.A. degrees from Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies and the University of Strasbourg, where he was a Fulbright scholar, and a B.A. with honors from the University of Alabama. He has published Agropolitics in the European Community (Praeger, 1977) and articles in several journals, including the American Review of Canadian Studies, International Organization, and the Columbia Journal of World Business, and International Business Review.
Suggested topics for comment:
International trade, information policy, strategic management.
North American Case Research Association.
- zz-Averyt, W. - "Exit, Voice and Cyberadministration: ICANN and the Domain Name System" - 2006 [Show/Hide Abstract]
- zz-Averyt, W. - "Internet Domain Name Governance: The Canadian and U.S. Models" - 2006 [Show/Hide Abstract]
- zz-Averyt, W. - "Planting Flags in Cyberspace" - 2006 [Show/Hide Abstract]
- zz-Averyt, W. - "Book Review, E. Lynn Oliver and Larry Sanders, eds. E-Government Reconsidered: Renewal of Governance for the Knowledge Age." - American Review of Canadian Studies - 2005 [Show/Hide Abstract]
- zz-Averyt, W. - "Cross Border Live Case Analysis: The Quebec-Vermont Experience" - 2005
- zz-Averyt, W. - "Internet Domain Name Governance: The Canadian and U.S. Models" - Book-Kelley School of Business, Indiana University - 2003 [Show/Hide Abstract]
- zz-Averyt, W. - "Strategic Disruptions of Competitors' Transactions Attributes: The NAFTA Rules of Origin" - International Business Review - 1999 - pp. pp. 39-53, vol. 8 [Show/Hide Abstract]
- zz-Averyt, W. - "Green Trade: Canadian Environmental and Trade Policies" - Colloque Canada-U.S.A., Institut Superieur de commerce International a Dunkerque, France - 1995
- zz-Averyt, W. - "Environmental and Ethical Implications of International Trade in Energy: The Case of Electricity" - Energy Needs in the Year 2000 - 1994 - pp. 95-114
- zz-Averyt, W. - "Challenges to Quebec Economic Development in the Energy Sector" - Quebec Studies - 1992 - pp. Vol 14, pp 115-128
- zz-Averyt, W. - "Canadian Electricity Exports, Capital Costs, U.S. Trade Policy" - Canadian Public Policy - 1991 - pp. June Vol 16, No. 2, pp 145-54
- zz-Averyt, W. - "Quebec's Electricity Exports" - Revue de l'Energie [Paris] - 1991 - pp. Feb/Mar No 428, 194-201
- zz-Averyt, W. - "Managing Public Policy Abroad: Foreign Corporate Representation in Washington" - Columbia Journal of World Business - 1990 - pp. Fall Vol 25, No. 3, pp 32-41
- zz-Averyt, W. - "The Transborder Regulatory Environment for Vermont-Canadian Energy Trade" - The Canada-U.S. Free Trade Agreement: Implications, Opportunities, and Challenges - 1990 - pp. pp 31-40