- Associate Professor
- Arel, Barbara Ph.D.
- Beaudoin, Cathy A. Ph.D.
- Bonifield, Carolyn M Ph.D.
- Cats-Baril, William L. Ph.D.
- Dempsey, Stephen J. Ph.D.
- Gove, Steven F Ph.D.
- Hughes, Susan B. Ph.D.
- Jones, David A. Ph.D.
- Lucas, Marilyn T. Ph.D.
- Monsen, Erik Ph.D
- Novak, David Ph.D.
- Parke, E. Lauck Ph.D.
- Prevost, Andrew
- Tomas III, Michael J. Ph.D.
- Vanden Bergh, Richard G. Ph.D.
- Zhang, Chun Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor
- Lecturer/Sr Lecturer
- Lecturer (Part Time)
- Faculty Emeritus
Carolyn M Bonifield, Ph.D. Associate Professor
Contact InformationOffice: 209 Kalkin
Phone: (802) 656-0516
Office Hours: Th 9:30-11:30 a.m. or by appointment
Dr. Bonifield came to UVM in the Fall of 2002, after graduating from the University of Iowa where she completed her Ph.D. in Business Administration. Prior to pursuing her Ph.D., she was a product manager for Unilever, and owned a small business in East Lansing, Michigan. She completed her MBA in Marketing at Michigan State University. Dr. Bonifield teaches courses in Marketing Communications, Consumer Behavior, and Marketing Management.
Dr. Bonifield's research is concentrated in the area of affect and consumer decision making, with an emphasis on post-purchase decision making. She serves on the Editorial Board of The Service Industries Journal.
American Marketing Association; Association for Consumer Research; Society for Consumer Psychology; American Academy of Advertising; Beta Gamma Sigma.
Courses Currently Taught by Carolyn Bonifield:
- BSAD 153 - Consumer Behavior SP 2015
- Section A, 003 Kalkin 16:00-18:45 R - ON-LINE SYLLABUS
- BSAD 155 - Marketing Communications SP 2015
- Section A, 115 Harris 1:00-2:15 TR - ON-LINE SYLLABUS
Journal Article, Academic Journal
- Bonifield, C.; Bailey, A. A. - "Broken (Promotional) Promises: The Impact of Firm Reputation and Blame" (Refereed) - Journal of Marketing Communications - 2010 - v. 16, no. 5, pp. 287-306 [View publication] [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Bonifield, C.; Cole, C.; Schultz, R. L. - "Product Returns on the Internet: A Case of Mixed Signals?" (Refereed) - Journal of Business Research - 2010 - v. 63, no. 9-10, pp. 1058-1065 [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Bonifield, C.; Tomas, A. - "Intellectual Property Issues for Marketers in the Virtual World" (Refereed) - Journal of Brand Management, Palgrave Macmillan - 2009 - v. 16, no. 8, pp. 571-581 [View publication] [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Bonifield, C.; Cole, C. - "Better Him Than Me: Social Comparison Theory and Service Recovery" (Refereed) - Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science - 2008 - v. 36, no. 4, pp. 565-577 [View publication] [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Bonifield, C.; Bailey, A. A.; Tomas, A. - "Where Avatars Come From: Exploring Consumers' Motivations in Virtual Worlds" (Refereed) - Innovative Marketing - 2008 - v. 4, no. 4, pp. 6-13 [View publication] [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Bonifield, C.; Cole, C. - "Affective Responses to Service Failure: Anger, Regret, and Retaliatory versus Conciliatory Responses" (Refereed) - Marketing Letters - 2007 - v. 18, no. 1, pp. 85-99 [View publication] [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Bonifield, C.; Kurata, H. - "How Customization of Pricing and Item Availability Information Can Improve E-Commerce Performance" (Refereed) - Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management - 2007 - v. 5, no. 4, pp. 305-314 [View publication] [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Bonifield, C. - ""C'est Moi Qui Decide?" "Oui, C'est Vous Qui Decidez": Role of Personality Factors in Influencing Consumer Response to Self-Determined Promotions" (Refereed) - ESCP Europe - 2011 [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Bonifield, C.; Bailey, A. A. - ""All the (Retailing) World's a Stage": A Dramaturgy of Retailing" (Refereed) - ESCP Europe - 2010
- Tomas, A.; Bonifield, C. - "A Different Reality: Considering Possible Selves in the Virtual World" - Advertising and Consumer Psychology Conference/Society for Consumer Psychology - 2008
Book, Chapter in Scholarly Book-New
- Bonifield, C.; Cole, C. A. - "Comprehension of Marketing Communications among Older Consumers" (Refereed) - The Aging Consumer: Perspectives from Psychology and Economics - 2009 ,
- Bonifield, C.; Cole, C. - "Advertising to Vulnerable Segments" (Refereed) - Handbook of Advertising/Sage Publications - 2007 , [Show/Hide Abstract]