- Associate Professor
- Arel, Barbara Ph.D.
- Beaudoin, Cathy A. Ph.D.
- Bonifield, Carolyn M Ph.D.
- Cats-Baril, William L. Ph.D.
- Dempsey, Stephen J. Ph.D.
- Hughes, Susan B. Ph.D.
- Jones, David A. Ph.D.
- Lucas, Marilyn T. Ph.D.
- Monsen, Erik Ph.D
- Novak, David Ph.D.
- Parke, E. Lauck Ph.D.
- Tomas III, Michael J. Ph.D.
- Vanden Bergh, Richard G. Ph.D.
- Zhang, Chun Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor
- Lecturer/Sr Lecturer
- Lecturer (Part Time)
- Faculty Emeritus
Marilyn T. Lucas, Ph.D. Associate Professor
Contact InformationOffice: 202 Kalkin
Phone: (802) 656-8276
Office Hours: Tuesday and Thursday 11AM-12PM or by appointment
Dr. Lucas completed her Bachelor of Science in 1988 in Dijon, France, then moved to the United States. She completed her MS at Michigan Technological University, followed by her Ph.D. in Operations Management from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 1997. She has taught previously at Bentley College, and at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and teaches Production and Operations Management. Dr. Lucas grew up on Reunion Island, which is off the East Coast of Africa.
Courses Currently Taught by Marilyn Lucas:
- BSAD 173 - Operations Management FA 2014
- Section B, 002 Kalkin 1:00-2:15 TR
- Section C, 002 Kalkin 2:30-3:45 TR
Journal Article, Academic Journal
- Lucas, M.; Monahan, G. E. - "Optimal Product Design with Market-based Learning and Manufacturing Flexibility" (Refereed) - International Journal of Operations and Quantitative Management - 2011 - v. 17, no. 3, pp. 211-237 [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Lucas, M.; Kirillova, O. - "Reconciling the Resource-based and Competitive Positioning Perspectives on Manufacturing Flexibility" (Refereed) - Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management - 2011 - v. 22, no. 2, pp. 189-203 [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Lucas, M. - "Understanding Environmental Management Practices: Integrating Views from Strategic Management and Ecological Economics" (Refereed) - Business Strategy and the Environment - 2010 - v. 19, pp. 543-556 [View publication] [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Lucas, M.; Wilson, M. A. - "Tracking the Relationship between Environmental Management and Financial Performance in the Service Industry" (Refereed) - Service Business - 2008 - v. 2, no. 3, pp. 203-218 [View publication] [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Lucas, M.; Chhajed , D. - "Applications of Location Analysis in Agriculture: A Survey" (Refereed) - Journal of Operational Research Society (JORS) - 2004 - v. 55, pp. 561-578 [View publication] [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Hess, J. D.; Lucas, M. - "Doing the Right Thing or Doing the Thing Right: Allocating Resources between Marketing Research and Production" (Refereed) - Management Science - 2004 - v. 50, no. 4, pp. 521-526 [View publication] [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Lucas, M.; Nicholson, C. F. - "Subsidized Vehicle Acquisition and Earned Income in the Transition from Welfare to Work" (Refereed) - Transportation - 2003 - v. 30, no. 4, pp. 483-501 [View publication] [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Buescher, M.; Sullivan, P.; Halbrendt, C.; Lucas, M. - "The Community-Business Matching Project: New Tools for Rural Development" (Refereed) - Journal of Sustainable Agriculture - 2001 - v. 17, no. 4, pp. 57-74 [View publication] [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Frendewey, J. O.; Jambekar , A. B.; Lucas, M. - "Measuring the Relative Efficiency of the Small Business Development Centers in Michigan using Data Envelopment Analysis" (Refereed) - Midwestern Journal of Business and Economics - 1997 - v. 10, no. 3 (Part I),
- Lucas, M.; Noordewier, T. - "Environmental Management Practices in Services: When Does it Pay to be Green?" (Refereed) - International Research Symposium in Service Management/University of Mauritius - 2010
- Lucas, M.; Nicholson , C. F. - "On the Evaluation of a Small Vehicle Donation-and-Sales Program" (Refereed) - Proceedings of the Annual Meeting of the Northeast Decision Science Institute - 2003 - pp. 381-383
- Halbrendt, C.; Lucas, M.; Sullivan, P.; Zheng, Y. - "A Framework for Matching Communities with Businesses in Planning for Sustainable Economic Development" (Refereed) - Proceedings of the 31 st Annual Meeting of the Midwest Decision Science Institute - 2000 - pp. 7-9
- Franza , R.; Lucas, M. - "New Product Development: A Mathematical Model of the Time-to-Market versus Product Performance Trade-off" (Refereed) - Proceedings of the 31st Annual Meeting of the Decision Science Institute - 2000 - v. 3, pp. 1019-1021
- Lucas, M.; Franza , R. - "Improving Time-to-Market or Product Quality? Impact of Market Environment on the Firm's New Product Development Strategy" (Refereed) - Proceedings of the 30th Annual Meeting of the Decision Science Institute - 1999 - v. 3, pp. 1163-1165
- Lucas, M.; Hess, J. D. - "Resource Allocation Issues between Marketing Research and Production" (Refereed) - Proceedings of the International POMS Meeting - 1998 - pp. 186-192
Written Case with Instructional Material
- Lucas, M.; Hoffman, A. - "The COGNEX Corporation: Play Hard, Work Hard" - Strategic Management: Competitiveness and Globalization/South-Western College Publishing - 2000 - no. 4th edition,
- Lucas, M. - "The Impact of Vehicle Acquisition through the Good News Garage on PATH Support Payments and Earned Income - Preliminary Results" - The Good New Garage - 2000