Honors Day Recognizes Top Business School Students
- By John M Turner
Every year, the School of Business Administration celebrates the best and brightest students during the annual Honors Day Celebration. This year, 18 of our top undergraduate and graduate students received awards.
“I am always impressed with, not only the academic achievements of our students, but the many extracurricular activities and volunteer work in which they are involved,” said Dean Sanjay Sharma, of the School of Business Administration.
“It’s a great honor,” said Patrick Halfmann, a senior Business School student with a concentration in finance and a minor in economics.
Halfmann, who is also the co-chair of the Student Advisory Committee and represented UVM at several case competitions, spent last summer working as an intern for Triton Capital Partners in Chicago, and has already lined up a full time analyst position with investment banking firm, St. Charles Capital. Halfmann received the Excellence in Finance Award.
"I've been incredibly grateful for all the business school has given me," he continued "relevant coursework, networking opportunities and case competitions have proved invaluable in launching my career in the right direction."
“I’m stoked to get this recognition,” said Hailey Ronconi, who received the Outstanding Junior Award for Academic Excellence and Overall Achievement.
Ronconi has a full schedule and impressive resume, while still completing her undergraduate requirements as a junior, she is also an active member and worked for both the UVM Ski & Snowboard Club and New England Women’s Snowboarding, while working part-time for the Spirit of Ethan Allen cruise company.
“It’s nice to be acknowledged for everything I’ve achieved up to this point, it’s very rewarding,” Ronconi said.
Here is the complete list of the students and their awards:
· Outstanding Junior Award for Academic Excellence and Overall Achievement - Hailey Ronconi
· Outstanding Senior Award for Academic Excellence and Overall Achievement - Anja Gruber (funded by Christopher Guido)
· ALANA Student Achievement Awards – Junior Class-Kyle Chu
· ALANA Student Achievement Awards – Senior Class-Dennis Mahoney
· Outstanding Graduate Award in the MBA Program - Marshall Shepherd (funded by Malcolm & Gladys Severance)
· Outstanding Graduate Award in the MACC Program - Matt Kehoe
· Senior Award for Excellence in Accounting - Zachary Pion (funded by Raymond Weinstein)
· Junior Award for Excellence in Accounting -Olivia Spooner (funded in honor of Ozzy Nyquist)
· Senior Award for Excellence in Finance -Patrick Halfmann (funded by Stephen Penwell)
· Junior Award for Excellence in Finance -Arran Brazinski-Joyce (funded by Major J.M. Adair)
· Senior Award for Excellence in Human Resource Management-Robyn Worrall
· Award for Excellence in International Business-Kevin Whitehead
· Senior Award for Excellence in Management and the Environment-Stacia Betley
· Junior Award for Excellence in Management and the Environment-Jacob Warshaw
· Senior Award for Excellence in Management Information Systems-Matthew Flotteron
· Junior Award for Excellence in Management Information Systems-Harrison Hubbell
· Senior Award for Excellence in Marketing-Anja Gruber
· Junior Award for Excellence in Marketing-Hailey Ronconi
· Senior Award for Excellence in Production and Operations Management-Thomas Dvorak
· Beta Gamma Sigma Scholarship-Ben DeCarlo