Nominations Sought for 2014 UVM Family Business Awards
- By John M Turner
Nominations are now being accepted for the 2014 University of Vermont Family Business Awards.
Family businesses are a major driver in the world economy and the University of Vermont (UVM) would like to recognize those alumni and Vermont based businesses that have achieved lasting success. The awards recognize and celebrate UVM alumni's family owned businesses that demonstrate leadership and innovation.
Who can be nominated?
- Any privately held business that is owned and/or operated by the alumni of the University of Vermont.
- Multiple family members must be involved in the ownership and/or management and/or governance of this business.
- Anyone can nominate; self-nominations are welcome as well.
- All nominations must be received by March 31, 2014.
- 1st Gen: UVM Founder led firms with multiple family members in ownership or operations.
- Multi-Gen - US based: Having completed at least one generational transfer within the family; ownership by UVM alumni.
- Multi-Gen -Global: Having completed at least one generational transfer within the family; ownership by UVM alumni.
- Vermont Legacy Achievement Award: A Vermont based family business recognized for outstanding and long lasting success. Ownership by UVM alumni is not required for this award.
The winners will be announced at the UVM Family Business Awards reception which will be held at the Davis Center on Friday October 10, 2014, starting at 2 p.m. All nominees are welcome and encouraged to attend.