Information on Electives
In addition to specific curriculum requirements, students need free electives to reach the 120 credits required for graduation. Most UVM courses can be used for elective credit. There are some courses that are not permitted.
- You will not earn credit for courses that are assumed prerequisite knowledge for a course already completed.
- You will not earn credit for a course that substantially duplicates material in courses offered in Business Administration or in other previously completed courses.
- PE credits cannot be used towards the 120 credits required for graduation (please note: this policy may vary among the academic units).
- You will not earn credit for the same material twice.
Interpretation of the policies
- You will not receive credit for French 1 after French 51, Math 9 after Math 19, etc.
- You will not receive credit for CS 2 or CS 3 if taken after BSAD 40.
- You may not receive credit for some CDAE courses (see below).
- You will not receive credit for both CS 14 and BSAD 142.
Other course cautions
Math has very specific policies on course sequencing and credit. For example, you cannot receive credit for Math 21 after Math 19 unless you also take Math 22. If you take math courses out of the normal sequence, read the catalogue or check with Student Services to determine if you will earn credit.
CDAE restricted courses
CDAE 127 Consumers, Markets and Public Policy
Credit cannot be earned for both CDAE 127 and BSAD 153
CDAE 128 The Consumer and Advertising
Credit cannot be earned for both CDAE 128 and BSAD 155
CDAE 158 Consumer Law and Policy
Elective credit only
CDAE 166 Intro to Agricultural and Resource Entrepreneurship
Elective credit or towards Entrepreneurship Concentration (only if taken in the junior year). It cannot be used for other concentrations.
CDAE 167 Financial Management for Agric. & Resource Entrepreneurship
Elective credit only
CDAE 168 Marketing for Agric. & Resource Entrepreneurship
Can receive credit only if taken before BSAD 150
CDAE 264 Risk Analysis and Forecasting Procedures
Elective Credit only
CDAE 266 Decision Making for Agric. & Resource Entrepreneurship
No credit allowed
CDAE 267 Strategic Planning for Agricultural and Resource Entrepreneurship
Allowed to count for the Entrepreneurship Concentration only
Last modified April 01 2010 01:30 PM