FERC Past Conferences - 2007
- Frank Hoy
- Mauricio Alvarez
- 51 articles received were reviewed by 33 review board members
- 34 articles were selected for presentation based on reviews
- 98 scholars from 15 nations were in attendance
- Keynote speakers and panelists included Marcelo Canales-Clariond (Chairman IMSA Group), Juan Manuel Ferrón (Price Waterhouse Coopers), Kelin Gersick (Lansberg, Gersick & Associates), Bill Schulze (University of Utah), Pramodita Sharma (Wilfrid Laurier University), George Vozikis (Fresno State University), David Whetten (Brigham Young University)
- The Best Paper Award ($2000) sponsored by Laird Norton Tyee was presented by Rich Simmonds toTrish Reay & C.R.Hinnings for their article entitled: "Multilevel logics and strategic approach: Family firms in the Canadian Wine Industry"
- Four Honorable Mention Awards were presented to
- Kimberly A. Eddleston & Roland E.Kidwell for their article entitled: Parent-child exchange: "Planting the seeds of deviant behavior in family firms, the Fredo effect"
- Vipin Gupta, Nancy M.Levenburg, Lynda Moore, Jaideep Motwani, & Thomas Schwarz for their article entitled: "Using a cultural lens to study family businesses in the Anglo cluster"
- Peter Jaskiewicz & Torsten Pieper for their article entitled: "A model for the impact of financial and emotional value on owner commitment to businesses"
- Lorraine Uhlaner & Marta Berent for their article entitled: Family governance practices, life cycle and financial performance: An empirical study
View FERC's 2007 photo gallery
Last modified June 27 2012 11:02 AM