DEAF AWARENESS WEEK 2014
Admission is FREE and open to the public!
Campus map for location/directions: http://www. uvm. edu/map/
Admission is FREE and open to everyone, including Vermont community members and Deaf community members! The events for Deaf Awareness Week at UVM will occur during the week of September 22-27.
Short-list of Events and Campus Locations:
- Keynote Speaker: Meredith Burke “Ableism in the Deaf Community: Through the Eyes of a Deafdisabled” on Monday, September 22 at 7:00 PM in Davis Center – Grand Maple Ballroom
- ASL Skit Night on Tuesday, September 23, 7:00 PM in Davis Center – Brennan’s Pub
- ASL Game Night on Wednesday, September 24, 7:00 PM in Waterman – Memorial Lounge
- ASL Film: “No Ordinary Hero: The SuperDeafy Movie” on Thursday, September 25 at 7:00 PM in Davis Center– Livak Ballroom
- ASL Brunch & Roundtable Discussion on Friday, September 26 10:00 AM in Davis Center – Jost Room
- “Save Austin”e Rally on Saturday, September 27 at 12:00 PM at State House, Montpelier (***disclaimer: UVM will not provide interpreters at this event but there will be volunteer interpreters in attendance)
ASL-English Interpreters will be provided at all of the events. If you are seeking additional accommodations, including, but not limited to Deaf-Blind interpreters or English real-time captioning, please email Hannah at ACCESS: email@example.com no later than September 19th. This deadline will ensure accommodation requests are met. We can accept requests after the date indicated and we will do our best to meet those needs based on availability of services.
Archives of Past Deaf Awareness Week events:
Last modified September 24 2014 03:09 PM