Resources for Current Students
Two kinds of funding are available to help support student research done under the mentorship of a faculty member:
APLE awards provide up to $500 in support of expenses involved in credit-bearing undergraduate research and creative activities. Each year, up to twenty-four awards will be available to support such activities as travel to research libraries or other sites to gather data, expenses for supplies and so forth.
- Fall Semester: October 31
- Spring Semester: February 15
- Applications may be made twice yearly. Deadlines are October 31 and February 15 each year.
- Applicants must be full-time undergraduate students in the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Undergraduates doing research and creative projects for credit in collaboration with UVM faculty members are eligible to apply.
- Students must have a sponsor in the College of Arts and Sciences.
- No student may receive more than one award during his/her undergraduate career.
- The maximum amount available for each award is $500. The College of Arts and Sciences will contribute up to $250 to the student's sponsoring department or program to be used solely for expenses related to the project. The department/program must match the amount contributed by the College.
- APLE funds are not available for internships.
APLE Summer Stipends provide a summer salary of $3,000 for undergraduate students. Typically two stipends are awarded each year.
February 15 each year.
- Applicants must be full-time undergraduate students in the College of Arts and Sciences
- Undergraduates doing research and creative projects in collaboration with faculty mentors in the College of Arts and Sciences are eligible to apply.
- Research must be completed prior to graduation.
- No student may receive more than one summer stipend during his/her undergraduate career.
- Awards are $3000 [30 hours per week for 10 weeks].
Last modified August 27 2013 05:48 PM