CAS Computing Services
Lab Usage Reports
Because our computer teaching labs represent a substantial investment in both funding and FTEs, the College must ensure that all our computer teaching labs are being used up to their potential. Therefore, at the end of every semester, we require that all departments hosting a computer lab submit a usage report summarizing the previous semester's lab traffic.
This report should include a completed copy of the CAS Centrally Supported Computer Lab Usage Worksheet (in XLSX format), including as much information as possible regarding which classes are using your lab, how many students are involved and for how many hours each. Realistic estimates are okay.
This report should include a completed copy of the attached CAS Centrally Supported Computer Lab Usage Worksheet, including as much information as possible regarding which classes are using your lab, how many students are involved and for how many hours each. Realistic estimates are okay.
Additionally, please alert us of any upcoming changes that you are aware of, such as:
- Any changes in departmental personnel supporting, or teaching classes in, your lab.
- Any desired software upgrades, keeping in mind that such upgrades are usually at departmental expense, and that upgrades (except in extreme circumstances) are only done during the summer break.
- Any outstanding problems in the lab, including which applications were in use, what error messages appeared (if any) and the specific machines having the problem if it isn't lab-wide. As much detail as possible is extremely helpful, as well as the name and contact information of someone who had the problem.
- A listing of any outstanding computer related issues including:
- Application involved
- Any error messages that appear
- Specific machines that are experiencing the problem if the problem does not appear on all of them, by serial number or service tag.
- Description of steps that need to be take to replicate the problem (Many of these applications in use in our labs are unknown to A&S Computing Services, thus we have no way of knowing whether a given program is working correctly or not without explicit diagnostic instructions)
Please send your completed report worksheet, and any additional information as outlined above, via email to CAS Computing Services (email@example.com).
Last modified September 12 2012 03:30 PM